Sleeping Turbo Charger

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

photobug
Glow Plug

Sleeping Turbo Charger

Post by photobug »

2003 Jetta TDI - 237K miles - replaced the EGR valve, cleaned the MAF, new air filter, cleaned the intake manifold, cleaned the EGR gas cooler, meticulously put everything back together and checked and rechecked. It ran beautifully for about 500 miles and then while driving home late at night, the turbo charger stopped. Top speedL 65+ mph. The only present indication of a malfunction is a flashing glow plug light shortly after the engine starts. Any and all help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!! TIA - Tom
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

You need to scan the computer system with Vag-com.

You may have a turbo overboost code, causing failsafe.

read alot of the posts here in the tdi forum and you'll find more info on turbo overboost and failsafe.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
photobug
Glow Plug

VagCom Diagnosis

Post by photobug »

I have a USB connection between my laptop and the OBD II port on the Jetta. I downloaded the free VagCom software from their sight. The software doesn't find the port of connection.,..suggestions for connection? Do I need to buy the full load VagCom software ? TIA - Tom