Stealing Veggie

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Stealing Veggie

Post by CoolAirVw »

Here in Kansas City there was a special on the news about a growing problem of stealing Veggie oil from restaurant dumpsters. I've noticed that some of the fast food restaurants in this area have new stickers on them that say, "property of XXX, theft will be prosecuted" ect.

Guess it probably getting harder to come by free Veggie.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

Yep, it's hard to find it for free.
Renderers are making contracts to supply cheaper new oil if they can have all of the used oil.
I got 12 gallons at the last festival,... Mama's Munchies and the guy with the buffalo bergers.
Bowling ally called me last winter, they piled snow in front of their grease dumpster and were piling in in cubes around the dumpster.
The stuff was very nice, still sloshing at 6 F.,... sitting in the snow.

Small towns are probably a good place, long way to haul a pump truck for just a few gallons.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.