Wife's gonna be mad!

Moderator: Fatmobile

CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Wife's gonna be mad!

Post by CoolAirVw »

Check out my new background for my desktop.

These Doka's are so fine! I gotta have one. Syncro would be cool, but not really needed, and of course its gotta be diesel.

3 questions

Why are they so expensive?

Were these only sold in Canada?

Are these hard to import?

Would someone with some "skills" (me :roll: ) be able to cut a vanagon up and reweld it together, drop in a 1.9 IDI or TDI slap on some paint and hit the road. Anyone know of a website showing something like this?
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

Why would she be mad about your choice of desktop or was that just a baiting title.

They are so expensive because they are rare and sought after (by people like you :-) ).

They weren't sold in the U.S.

There's someone in Cal. who imports them.

Don't know of anyone who has made their own from a vanagon.

Andrew
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

Why would she be mad about your choice of desktop or was that just a baiting title.
He removed her desktop screen of David Hasselhoff. :lol:
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
Ziptar
Cetane Booster

Post by Ziptar »

DoKa or the Hoff....

That is a tough choice.

There is one thats on it's 6th or 8th time through ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0075342778

Assembly required :lol: but, you might be able to get it cheap.
MkII Jetta Carat Turbo Diesel 220,000 miles
Fully Baptized Zealot in the Church of Compression Ignition :D
My Heatware 30, 0, 0
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

Ziptar wrote:There is one thats on it's 6th or 8th time through ebay,
I actually saw that one when I got excited about a truck.

I'd give 2500 for it, but I'll bet its worth alot more. But unfortunatly my wife has made me swear off cross country trips for project cars. I went to cleveland (12 hours 1 way), san jose (36 hours 1 way) and san antonio (10 hours 1 way) at different times for cars. Not to mention fuel for a trip to get that doka would be too much at todays prices.

I still want to make one. I think it would be an excellent challenge, and I could learn new metal working skills.

Here's a homemade truck I found. Its crappy looking though.

http://volkswagen-t3.blogspot.com/2008/ ... nd-t5.html
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>