auxillary heater

Moderator: Fatmobile

peggysgirl
Cetane Booster

auxillary heater

Post by peggysgirl »

Van on the road and running. Slight problem with the radiator, will go in tomorrow for repair. Can you tell me what is the purpose of the auxillary heater????
Anne Marcotte
rsxsr

Post by rsxsr »

Anne, are you asking about the heater under the back seat or about a block heater?
peggysgirl
Cetane Booster

auxillary heater

Post by peggysgirl »

It is a heating system under the van which has 2 fuel pumps attached to operate it. Does not say much in my manuel except, it is an auxillary heater???
Anne Marcotte
rsxsr

Post by rsxsr »

On a Diesel Vanagon or Gas? There were some auxilary heaters added on as an option for cold weather operation and on the Westy's for camping. For Diesel's you can look at Espar the D2 Airtronic should keep a vanagon nice and toasty and uses only a small amount of diesel fuel.
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

I have one on my '83 diesel. It is an Eberspacher (BA6?) heater. It is just to warm up the passenger compartment quickly or without running the engine.

Andrew
Josh
Turbo Charger

I'm curious as to how these compare to the propane models

Post by Josh »

Do the diesel fueled heaters that some have create much in the way of external fumes?

I've seen new equipment propane-fueled ones, and wondered if those might have any advantages over seeking out a old diesel one to install. Theoretically a propane powered one could tap into the existing supply tank as easily and plumbing the diesel fuel supply for a diesel one.

Pros and Cons?

-Josh
-'79 rabbit, getting parted out
-'82 quantum wagon, gutting.
-'84 rehabbed quantum TD sedan, southern rustless beauty for sale
-'82 cherry Westy from AZ
-more all the time; are they breeding?