oil pressure gauge??

Moderator: Fatmobile

allsierra123
Glow Plug

oil pressure gauge??

Post by allsierra123 »

I bought a guage and sending unit. But Im having trouble finding the part Needed to connect the sending unit to the block. Its a 1.9 aaz. anyone have any info on what is needed. Im wanting to pull the sensor above the filter and use that hole.
91 GL auto 1.9 TD conversion.
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

I would highly recommend using the hole for the sensor in the head. Being at the end of the line a problem will give you a whole lot more warning (the whole point to adding the gauge) at the head than at the filter flange. If you want to keep the existing sensor and add the gauge sender then you will need to run a tee. Easiest is to get a brass 1/8" NPT tee and a 1/8" npt nipple. At that point you can either use a tap to rethread one side of the nipple to the metric fine thread of the existing sender hole, get a metric to NPT adapter (available at many auto parts stores) or thread it into the hole directly and run a risk of damaging the threads in the filter flange or head depending on where you put it.

Andrew
allsierra123
Glow Plug

Post by allsierra123 »

Sounds doable. Yeah I guess it doesnt make a difference which one I run it in as far as installing goes. Looks as If I need to make a trip to the local fastener store for some plumbing parts.
91 GL auto 1.9 TD conversion.
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

I wanted to add that 1/8" NPT is almost exactly the same thread size and pitch as the senders, it is just a tapered thread rather than a straight one.

Andrew