Where's this connector go into the fusebox?

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

Kneale Brownson
Cetane Booster

Where's this connector go into the fusebox?

Post by Kneale Brownson »

Pix Image is of a connector with a fairly heavy ( whatever metric lies between a 12 and 14 gauge) red wire and connector that plugs into the back of the fuse panel in a '95 Jetta TD.

The connector is the type that grips a projection on the INSIDE of the slot into which the connector goes. Most of the other single wire connectors have a fixture that grips the outside of the slot.

Anyway, there is another smaller red wire with a similar connector I haven't replaced either.

Additionally, when I put the connector back into Slot J on this schematic: http://www.xjamiex.com/mk2resource/electrical/CE2.html it didn't go all the way in, and I noticed it was loose after I had the battery power hooked up to the fusebox already, so when I pushed the red connector back into place (and heard the retainer click properly this time), I also heard the lock system cycle. Now the locks have stopped working together (turn key in door lock and only that door locks), and the trunk lock won't release. Is that all associated with the red wire in the picture?