How to reduce fuel from Injection Pump for a 2002 VW TDI

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

Josh8Loop
Glow Plug

How to reduce fuel from Injection Pump for a 2002 VW TDI

Post by Josh8Loop »

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to defuel the engine by a certain percentage perhaps through the IP actuator electronics? I know the Evry mod adds more fuel by dampening the signal from the IP, would amplifying it a bit do the reverse? Or perhaps should I fool the MAF sensor into thinking it is seeing less air coming in than it actually is?

The goal is to reduce the fuel qty sent to the engine by the IP, and substitute fuel vapors into the intake after the turbo,MAF,MAP,IAT sensors. Goal is better MPG by providing a percentage of volatilized fuel vapors into the intake in lieu of liquid diesel from the injectors. The fuel vapors used would have a high enough auto ignition temperature to only ignite in the cylinder after the injector squirts in fuel.
2002 VW Jetta TDI, Evry Mod, Line pressure Mod, DRL mod.
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

Are you making a hydrogen generator?

NOTE: No need to "de-fuel" inorder to "add-fuel". The increase in power from the "add-fuel" would automatically result in you backing out of the throttle which would "de-fuel".
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
Josh8Loop
Glow Plug

Post by Josh8Loop »

Hi there,

Thanks for the response! I am not making a hydrogen generator, at least not the HHO type. I am using other methods to produce syngas for the alternative fuel.

I see your point on the adding fuel will reduce the throttle position to maintain a given RPM. I have a feeling in my case that not reducing the fuel from the IP would lead to a rich condition which is what I hope to avoid. I want to mainly use the IP injected diesel to control the start of combustion and use my alternative fuel to compensate for the reduction in the diesel.

I am still contemplating your response, and you may very well be right.(probably :) ) I wanted the throttle position to remain virtually unchanged while still supplementing my alternative fuel. I am not sure what other functions of the engine are tied to the TPS? EGR,Load calculation, and perhaps others.
Josh8Loop
Glow Plug

Post by Josh8Loop »

Coolair VW,

Just noticed your location in St Louis. My wife, kids and I moved from Springfield Missouri a couple years ago so I could go back to college down here. Boy I sure miss that area!! I miss how nice midwesterners are. And also you guys are probably getting some fantastic weather right now(70's) Makes it a pleasure to work outdoors in that weather!!