Diesel And Used Motor Oil Blend

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

uzzo2
Diesel Freak

Diesel And Used Motor Oil Blend

Post by uzzo2 »

Hey guys, I have a buddy that has a 1987 Isuzu pup with a 2.2L diesel that's burning a 50/50 diesel and used motor oil blend. It seems to be doing fine, had anyone tried this with a VW diesel?
"You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government."

Patrick Henry
June 4, 1788
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

There's some info over on vwdiesel.net, in the general fora.
They say 20% is max if you don't want to dirty up your injectors
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
uzzo2
Diesel Freak

Post by uzzo2 »

Fatmobile wrote:There's some info over on vwdiesel.net, in the general fora.
They say 20% is max if you don't want to dirty up your injectors
That's what I'd always heard, he's got a filter system set up to filter it before he blends it. he's only been doing it a couple of weeks so I guess the jury's still out.
"You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government."

Patrick Henry
June 4, 1788
bottleworks
Cetane Booster

Re: Diesel And Used Motor Oil Blend

Post by bottleworks »

By any chance, if you friend in Graham, NC? I know someone who is doing the exact same thing.
1981 VW Rabbit Pickup
and an Additional 1981 VW Rabbit Pickup
"You may have to 'metaphorically' make a deal with the 'devil.' And by 'devil,' I mean Robot Devil. And by 'metaphorically,' I mean 'get your coat.'"
uzzo2
Diesel Freak

Re: Diesel And Used Motor Oil Blend

Post by uzzo2 »

bottleworks wrote:By any chance, if you friend in Graham, NC? I know someone who is doing the exact same thing.
Nah, we're in GA, we've been told that the injectors on those isuzu diesels are different than most others. The injector supposedly shoots a stream and the way the head is designed it hits something inside the head that turns it into a fine mist.

Patrick Henry
June 4, 1788