Diesel Clock

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

diesel freak
Diesel Freak

Diesel Clock

Post by diesel freak »

The one thing that I could always count on was my clock on my 1986 Golf Diesel. It stopped working and I checked the fuse and it is not that. Anyone have any suggestions? I really liked the anaolg clock in my cluster. Everything else works fine even the odometer. :(
VWCaddy
Missing Linkz

Post by VWCaddy »

This is for an A1, but may still apply:
http://www.4crawler.com/Diesel/CheapTri ... lockRepair
'82 VW Caddy, 1.9D engine, FN tranny w/ Quaife, Missing LinkZ shift linkage
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

If you don't feel comfortable trying to fix it yourself, you can probably send your cluster to a place that repairs instrument clusters. I've often wondered how much longer the clock in 82 will keep ticking.......
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
diesel freak
Diesel Freak

clock

Post by diesel freak »

Replaced my clock with a donor that I new worked but it did not work in my cluster. I traded the circuit board film from the donor cluster onto mine and the clock is now working. Great except now my water temperature guage does not work. Switched out water temp guages and it still does not work. I guess there must be a slight difference in the circuit board film from one to another. At least my clock works now. :roll:
Quantum-man
Turbo Charger

Re: clock

Post by Quantum-man »

diesel freak wrote:Replaced my clock with a donor that I new worked but it did not work in my cluster. I traded the circuit board film from the donor cluster onto mine and the clock is now working. Great except now my water temperature guage does not work. Switched out water temp guages and it still does not work. I guess there must be a slight difference in the circuit board film from one to another. At least my clock works now. :roll:
:idea: From what you have said, could it be that your original clock was not broken, but merely the circuit had a fracture. That is why new clock didn't work on old circuit. Check, and find break. Often occurs on a fold :idea:
"I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee...Drive a Quantum TD
...The best work-horse after the cart...

Quantae grow on you...but Rabbits are like roses...
... girls like em ;o)

Only one Darwin, Einstein, Poe and Verne.
That is why if you listen, you will learn:
From the one and only Quantum-man,
Who sees the worms from outside of the can.

7 Quantae in 20 years; 4 dead and 3 TD's still alive [2 wagons & 1 fastback] oh and a GTD :o)