FS: 1991 VW Jetta Diesel 1.6L NA

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

coke

FS: 1991 VW Jetta Diesel 1.6L NA

Post by coke »

Needs a head gasket, and some rear brake line work (I can do this, if necessary) and rear struts (I will also do this, if necessary) but I am driving it now. Its leaking oil in the expansion tank. 440PSI on all cylinders. Has professionally rebuilt injection pump from supplier in canada that does "performance" upgrades. Runs like a charm.

Tires on front have like new tread (Just put on a month ago) and on back one is cupped due to the strut but still useable. Has 139k on the clock and 20k miles left before timing belt is due again. 5 speed manual transmission. Wolfsburg edition, german made. Light blue with blue interior. No air conditioning or anything like that, and has a Durabrand cd player that sometimes works (from walmart, go figure)

Has always had oil changes every 3k - 4k miles with 5w40 Synthetic in winter, and 15w40 Rotella in the summer. Car is located in Downeast Maine, Washington County. Can be driven safely. Currently, the cooling system is not being pressurized by engine compression but that isn't far down the road. Also has new alternator and power steering belt installed. Send messages with offers / questions / etc.

These pictures were taken when I first aquired the car two years ago. Only differences are the wheels (I have the white round holed wheels with plastic trim rings and center caps) and the plastic pieces that run along the rear door to front fell off and I refused to reattach them. Also, the p/s rear door handle is not installed currently. I will purchase and install if necessary.