Fuel Injector Failure in 2008 Passat 2.0 TDI 125KW

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

Garwoom
Glow Plug

Fuel Injector Failure in 2008 Passat 2.0 TDI 125KW

Post by Garwoom »

My VW Passat broke down yesterday - just stopped in heavy traffic and the warning lamp for a fault in the engine management system was flashing and the car wouldnt start and had to be towed away. The dealer today tells me that it is due to fuel injector failure and that it will take 3 weeks to get the parts from Europe to Australia. I dont know much about cars - can someone tell me if this is a serious problem and whether any damage will have been done to the engine? Is this a common problem. I am also surprised that it will take so long to get the parts shipped to Australia - is this common to take so long? I would have thought that they would hold most parts in each country or that they could be air freighted out as I presume that they are not that heavy. I would any appreciate advice on this. As it is under warranty they at least have offered me a loan car.
Garwoom