Head bolt question, 11mm 12 point?

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

offalot
Cetane Booster

Post by offalot »

Man , I feel bad not putting the ARP's in there as I vowed when I got this truck , i would use only the best so she would stay on the road longer then any new car. But right now I just have to get her back on the road to start saving me money. The head is n there now, I just need to finish up all the hookups, ( im a bit beat from doing sidejobs all day) I traced the threads using an old head bolt theat I cut flutes into and ran a die over, Ran it in and out until there was no more grime coming out, and made sure the bottoms were clear of buildup. Then used moly antisieze on threads washer and head and torqued according to the lubed spec. Ill kepp my fingers crossed, might even get far enough to try and pop her off tonight.
81 pickup
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Head-Bolts.

Post by hagar »

offalot : way to go Herr Kaptain. (did you by chance read SAGA ? )

hagar
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

offalot wrote:I traced the threads using an old head bolt theat I cut flutes into and ran a die over, Ran it in and out until there was no more grime coming out, and made sure the bottoms were clear of buildup.
That's the cost effective and simple solution for making your own cleaning tap for household jobs.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
offalot
Cetane Booster

Post by offalot »

I started reading the saga last year then they started monitoring internet at work and I try to spend as little time on the net while at home, too much else to do, but from what I read I can tell its a wealth of knowledge. Its at the top of my list of things to do if I break my leg and am forced to relax. When is the book version coming out?
81 pickup
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Head-Bolts.

Post by hagar »

offalot : The reason I asked ? to hacksaw those VW bolts is no small task EH ? but it worked fine for us EH ? .

Lots of never-seez on bolts is good .(Marine grade).

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Head-Bolts.

Post by hagar »

offalot : The Book version ? that is a moot question. .Would you help ? . It must be a no profit for hagar version (I need no money)(I want's no money) But now I see those 16 17 year old coming up the line . If all the profit goes to a really worthy cause ? count me in.

Basically this , was a pay-back to my American friends who helped me since 1953 , for Free..

What goes around , EH ? comes around. , strange how I never get stranded anywhere without someone helping me.. Yes up to and including lending me money , total strangers. . What is it about me that makes so many people trust me ? South of Provo one year a guy lend me his Pick-up to go and find a hotel for the night , just like that . SO ? if a VW guy has trouble up this way , just call me 604 485 4105 , 24 -7.

Password ? Hillbilly-TUNING.

hagar.