Should I sell it? 1985 VW NA 1.6 Golf

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

JRM
Turbo Charger

Should I sell it? 1985 VW NA 1.6 Golf

Post by JRM »

Well everyone, its been over 8 years now since I rebuilt my 1985 4 door vw golf diesel and its engine with all of your help and jacks parts, i put 50,000 on it and now it is just sitting around. THe car is in good condition What should I ask for this car if I do put it up on craigslist?
PM me with any offers-
video taken last summer with my i phone- I drove it to the car wash and removed the moss and there is zero rust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N7yKy0_kO8

Take care, Joe
90' Toyota X cab 4x4
02' Honda civic
85' VW Golf Diesel Project
95' dodge 12v cummins
13' VW Passat TDI DSG
idhoho
Turbo Charger

Re: Should I sell it? 1985 VW NA 1.6 Golf

Post by idhoho »

All I know is that the apex of 'ol non-turbo Rabbits & Golfs passed by several years ago. I've seen 'em going for prices all over the place from $400 to $3,000 lately. I sold my '81 pickup with a newly overhauled engine and lots of extras for about $2,500 a year ago. The highest was an '81 Rabbit w/70K original miles. Sold it on Ebay about 5 years ago for $5,200. You are in a great location tho.... lot's of interest in running biodiesel cars in OR. Good Luck and Ebay has always been the best for selling the cars. Craigslist doesn't get the competition going between interested buyers. IMHO :mrgreen: