Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

Vincent Waldon
Turbo Charger

Post by Vincent Waldon »

lyeinyoureye wrote:hagar, can a bosch VE IP stand spinning up to 14000rpm, in other words could it stand the engine spinning at 7000rpm? Not deliver fuel or anything like that, the high idle fuel cut would still be stock, but just take 14000rpm intact.
Just to be clear... the pump spins at half crank speed... so your 7000RPM motor is 3500 RPM pump speed.

The pump sprocket is twice the size of the crank sprocket ;-)
Vince

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2001 silver TDI Jetta Malone Stage 1.5 , 2001 blue TDI Jetta SBIII 216s Malone Stage 3
1970 Bay Window bus

Gone but not forgotten: 1969/1971 Beetles, 1969/1974 Westies, 1979 Rabbit, 1986 TD Jetta, 1992 gas Jetta, 1994 TD Jetta

Here's a small collection of HOW-TOs
lyeinyoureye
Turbo Charger

Post by lyeinyoureye »

Oh shoot. Thanks for the correction you two! I just would like to spin the engine over to maybe 6750rpm with some other source of fuel after the high idle cut. It would be a poor man's power adder. W/o all the complication of a turbo system or risk of runaway on diesel. If your IP took 10000rpm from the engine hagar, and supposedly from the vwdiesel.net forum, pumps have taken 6000-6500 rpm on diesel, w/ occasional miss-shifts to 8000rpm, and survived, I think I would be ok running the engine ~1750rpm higher than stock. Thanks for the info! :D
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : a Tiger in your tank ----NA NA , NA not so fast.

hagar puts a KANDLE in the tank -------SO ? --well that gives a bit of a problem --with my new kandle use.

Yes hagar burns his kandles at both ends. ---finally . After fooling with kandles since early 1930 (one heap of kandles) now in december 2007 ---yes I do light both ends.-----every day for at least 2 weeks so far ----4 x 4 x 4 China 1000 gr 2 dollars.

http://www.wnwparagon.com/html/x-mas___halloween.html

HO HO HO becomes OH OH OH when the crazy sisters walk in..

hagar.
lyeinyoureye
Turbo Charger

Post by lyeinyoureye »

hagar, is there any way to increase injection duration besides injector breaking pressure. it seems like replacing the plunge assembly is the only thing besides messing w/ the injectors.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Injection " DURATION " ? ----EH ?. -----question is , can we change duration ? us DIE types ? EH ?. IMHO ? Yes we can.

It is an integral part of "Hillbilly-TUNING". And a LOT of FUN read my lips.

very helpful is going right back to basic combustion 101 --that is what hagar did.

That started with Faradays paper on the Candle Flame yes hagar is still at it putting yous guys feet to the flames.----with Kandles.

If I try to explain how I applied all that information to Rabbits ? ----what is that going to do to my 6 pages of saga ? EH ? yeiks. ( I dont really mind ).

hagar.
Last edited by hagar on Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : a special kindship ? EH ? you bet.

Faraday's Candle Observations

Russ Riley
South Junior High School
St. Cloud MN
In 1860, Michael Faraday delivered the last of his very popular 'Christmas lectures' called 'The Natural History of a Candle'. His account has served as the basis for lessons in taking observations in science ever since. Here is a variation of this lesson, with some instructive details about Faraday himself.
Lessons
Undirected observations
Question posing
Comparison of Flames
Extension Activities
Faraday's Christmas Lecture 1
Faraday's Christmas Lecture 2
Interdisciplinary Links
The curriculum material here was developed as part of a project sponsored by SciMath-MN and The Bakken Library and Museum. Click to see directory of other curriculum modules using history and philosophy of science in this series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION:
The idea for the science activities that follow came from a book entitled, THE CHEMICAL HISTORY OF A CANDLE, by Michael Faraday. The book, first published around 1860, was actually taken from notes written by William Crookes while he attended Faraday's lectures. A reprint or reproduction of the book was issued in 1960 by Viking Press as part of an Explorer Books series. It is that version that would likely be available for teachers to use as a reference.
Michael Faraday, born in 1791, by all accounts displayed an early curiosity about the natural world and also had a great love of tools and fine workmanship. He is, of course, well known in the scientific world for his extensive work in the area of electricity and magnetism with a special interest in the area of electrochemistry. Much of his work was done during the nearly forty years he served as the Superintendent of the House and Laboratory at the Royal Institution in London. He also had a special interest in the process of thinking and learning. This interest, combined with a concern and love for children, led to the development of a series of lectures given to young people that became known as the "Christmas Lectures". Beginning just after Christmas in 1826 Faraday delivered the lectures himself a total of nineteen times covering the fields of chemistry, electricity and magnetism, gravitation, as well as other topics in physics. One of the last lectures to be given, delivered in December of 1860, approximately seven years before Faraday's death, was entitled, "The Chemical History of the Candle". As previously stated, this lecture was the basis for the book and the inspiration for the science activities that follow.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : lets kill a bunch of MYTH , and misinformation a so on ON the net. Like our internal combustion piston engines works on "EXPLODING" fuel in cylinders.---NUTS.

To measure speed of FLAMEFRONT in a gasser , is simple -- about 80 MPH give and take.

NOW a diesel ? very very , very tricky.---BUT let us take a stab at it EH ?.

hagar.

PS : stay TUNED.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : hagar just have to meander a bit . Blame it on Jesus and the season..

All us skanderhoovians are like PIGS at the tables at this time of year.----those Aryan maidens were EXPERTS at preparing a feast ---YES read my lips.

BUT , is this connected to this forum ? more than you will ever know. Enter General Irwin Rommel and his " Kubelwagen " VW . enter the EELS in Bygholm Soe. enter hagar leaning against his Kubelwagen , that was summer of 1944 and Rommel was there to plant "Land-Mines" as part of Hitlers festung Eropa..Jutland ? real name Jylland..

So you think WHAT is so special about EELS ? ---ask about Maine inshore LOBSTERS.---get it ? good.
After Rommel left I went to the lake and met a couple of brothers from the other side.---Yes a stick a string a hook and a cork and a can of worms. LOTS of Eels in the lake then.---NOW ? just about wiped out .---The two brothers were pulverized by one of Rommels Tank-mines. ---- on 04 may 1945 -----cry --cry and the WAR ended 05 may 1945 , sad tale --EH ?.

Smoked eel is out of this world delicious..

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Duration of injection EH ? is that connected to speed of combustion ? --- I say it is.

For a Rabbit we are dealing with millisecond's. , from pintle pulling away from seat ---to it closes.

SO ? , is a Rabbit digestive process complex ? ---let's face it hagar will NEVER stop investigation.--that is a big part of hagars love of Rabbit's.

To MASTER a Rabbit we need to study , injection delay (lag) and Ignition delay (lag) --- In Rabituneology the two most important factors are DURATION of injection and IGNITION point..--a real good understanding of trigonometry will help. We are dealing with a Sine-Cosine situation.

SO ? if I say ignition at 270 ----it means degrees.--On the first batch of Rabbits ---Robert Bosch used geometry of Injection nozzles.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : One of the last lectures to be given, delivered in December of 1860, approximately seven years before Faraday's death, was entitled, "The Chemical History of the Candle". As previously stated, this lecture was the basis for the book and the inspiration for the science activities that follow.

hagar is following in some very important foot prints --EH ? hagars lectures to be given will be delivered 2007 December , entitled "The Chemical History of the Bosch VE Injection Pump".

Like I say that 107A I P is the "HOLY GRAIL" of diesel. -- drink of that cup and you will be good for the WORLD and experience what the word "SMILEAGE" really means.

hagar.
joat
Turbo Charger

Post by joat »

hagar, you mention the Kubelwagen... did you ever get to see a Swimmingwagen?
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Ottawa --sorry NO I never saw a swimming wagen they were used mostly on Barbarossa I was in Weserubung territory.-------BUT if want my attention just mention Ottawa (my old stomping grounds) and you got it.---go see Sandy Cameron ----he is hip on VW diesels.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : yes I love the bugs --- incloding the swimmingwagen.

http://www.bytwerk.com/gpa/vw.htm

hagar.
A1-2-A3
Turbo Charger

Post by A1-2-A3 »

Interesting link Hagar to the KdF. Many amazing things were done in those years. You were around in those days? My grandfather left Germany as the Allied bombs were dropping around them with 5 dollars in his pocket, the Reds took his farm and everything. He could read and write 6 languages with only a grade 5 schooling and I remember his marriage cert. signed by Adolf in pen. Canada was the place to go cause they had cousins here. Those old buggers knew what hard work was all about and they helped develop the western world. The Nazis were some of the evil goons in the war and their terrible things they have done should never be praised. With all the killings no one is right but the ones who win write the books. Nothing to do with Vw but maybe this video might interest you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxL0w90dZdI&NR=1
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

You can sure see how the masses would want to join up. With out the benefit of hind sight I might be their too. On second thought I think I'll stick with capitalism until something better comes along.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/