Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : ---FAQ : how the heck did hagar get permission to write this long winded meandering SAGA on this forum ?

Answer : simple Dr.,Wattson elementary ----hagar needs not this forum or any other. --SO ? he got special discompensation from Jack and the moderators.----BUT , yes I do get a lot of AAA from some guys.---the minute Jack say wamoose ? ---hagar is gone with the wind. read my lips.

hagar.
vwkook
Diesel Freak

Re: Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by vwkook »

hagar wrote:---the minute Jack say wamoose ? ---hagar is gone with the wind. read my lips.

hagar.

Now why would he do that?
'69 Fasty
'81 Caddy
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : THE governor is located in the top part of the I P ., it is driven by a spurgear overdrive from MAIN drive shaft the 4 small triangular weights are rotating --almost at crank shaft speed (RPM). Achtung : the big gear has a "Elastomeric" pair of drive blocks ---SO? be careful what is used during a pump cleaning.(flexible something) ----if we ruin the drive blocks ---EH ? could be costly.

Thanks to Loren in WA Amerika we now have the proper drawing ---thank you Loren.

hagar.

PS : the Duckling and Bondo are calling me SO? ---you can fill in the rest.--EH ?.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

Good point Hagar, I'm not sure what chemicals the rubber blocks can handle,.. but carb cleaner messes with lots of rubbers so I wouldn't use that.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : "drive-blocks"-----in governor gear.. ? , yes I have some on testing in different liquids. ---- project is ongoing on year 5 ? --- will post outcome this coming monsoon.. BUT be assured the BOSCH I am familiar with uses "BEST" material available at that time.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : well blow my socks off ----Op-Ivy is in town ---and he did bring me a GOOD Ice wine ----it is in his girlfriends trunk (I promised to pay) -----at least it is a VW Jetta trunk.

He sure hit hagar's at a good time.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : young Op-Ivy (21) sure come a long way------scary to think of him at 76 like hagar,

And the Ice-Wine (2005) is some wine.-----Op-Ivy replaced the I P main shaft two bushings -------try that THAT act for a beginner EH ?.

hagar.

PS : he is one easy student to help.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : ----- Op-Ivy and girlfriend ---dropped in for chewing some fat. ---WOW she is a knock-out real blonde..

this morning hagar suddenly realized how "POWERFUL" a word like roll is ---- remember I flunked English - EH ?. --- a roller-pin in the hands of a mad female is a good start -----if you find yourself on the receiving end of that roller ---start praying.

what about the BOSCH 107 A types ? the ROLLERS are very important --and we MUST test them at regular intervals.----simple operation ----using a dial-indicator.

when last I saw Ole man river he was still just ROLLING a-long.-----

sorry fellows the old sole is hitting the monitor --besides , the Duckling is calling --she want's to go shake a leg-----SO ? is hagar to resist ??? .

hagar.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

Hey Hagar,
Capt. Coolair moved some pictures from the hagar's picture topic to the first post in this thread,...
If you get a chance; please edit in some comments about what we are seeing in the pictures.

Oh yeah, got any info about the 107A timing curve?
I just put one together for the 1.5 in the 4 door Rabbit project (Tina,... Patina) a yellow dot and I see the timing piston spring is weaker than the 1.6,... same as the other 107A (no dot?)
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
vixentd
Cetane Booster

lund visit

Post by vixentd »

Had the vixen up your way on Monday. Was on the look out for bondo bunny. Thought you might enjoy seeing a bmw diesel in a little motorhome that gets 35 smileage. Really

www.vixenrv.org

My buddy owns the u brew in Powell River and also has a vixen, that needs a cylinder head welded up, as he was replacing the engine and the rebuilt motor apparently slipped off a sling and landed on the head. Anyone you know that could work on a aluminum head??
If it doesn't rattle it isnt a diesel! 35mpg for a motorhome! 106 mph! www.vixenrv.org
slowbirds
Cetane Booster

re: hagar

Post by slowbirds »

I was out to visit hagar today and he is doing fine. I told him to start writing again as there are a lot of people looking for his posts. I`m hoping he does soon.
Op-Ivy
Turbo Charger

Post by Op-Ivy »

I second the motion!
1990 TD Jetta - 490,000Km
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

Third - motion passed. Someone tell Hagar that the motion to have him back has been approved :lol:
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
slowbirds
Cetane Booster

re: hagar

Post by slowbirds »

I will phone him this morning and see if I can stir him to action. thanks for the support.
rustybones49801
Cetane Booster

Post by rustybones49801 »

Yep, I miss Hagar's posts as well.